Health and Well-Being Month: Week Three – Day Four
Nice and simple today! Yesterday could have been a tough day for many of us, so today is all about bringing us up and appreciating all the good in our lives and in the world.
Start with listing all the positives in your life.
For example, mine would be:
- I have a roof over my head
- I have a job I enjoy
- I’m surrounded by good friends
- I’m going to New Zealand for a year in September (so far away! Haha)
- I am in good health
Etc etc. It can be anything. Today, I am very glad to be indoors. It’s freezing, rainy and windy and not the kind of weather to be out in.
Now, list all the positives about yourself. These can vary from the mundane to the extravagant. Look at how aspects of your hidden self are positive attributes.
So mine would be:
- I’m good at bringing people up in mood
- Im caring
- I’m creative and try to use it so it has a positive affect on myself and those around me
- A hidden self aspect for me is that I don’t often speak up for myself and I don’t like my own voice, but I will however, use my voice to speak up for those who can’t speak up for themselves.
Don’t worry if you found these surprisingly difficult to write. I did. I had to remind myself of the little things and then from there it branched out. The positive is there; sometimes we’ve just got to shake the tree for the fruit to drop and hit us on the head!
Be happy. Be you.